TPE members and friends are encouraged to submit photos to The Prairie Enthusiasts annual photo contest! This contest is in conjunction with our Annual Conference and Banquet. Images can portray all things prairie, so be creative. The aim is to promote knowledge of prairies and savannas, ecological systems, management efforts, and fauna and flora of the prairie. Subject matter may include plants, animals, insects or amphibians that are native to prairie areas or, people and activities that are taking place on a prairie. The winning photo will be used on the cover of the TPE Annual Report.
Photos may be submitted to Joe Rising, TPE Communications Coordinator, at email@example.com. Please email each entry individually and be sure to include the photographer’s contact information and name of the photo. A few details to keep in mind:
- All photos will need to be submitted in digital format, please try to keep your photos to 5MB in size if possible.
- Maximum three entries per member.
- A finalist group of photos will be displayed at the TPE Annual Conference where members will vote for their favorite photo.
- The winner, runners-up and other submissions will be featured in The Prairie Promotor newsletter, on the TPE Facebook page, and in the eNews.
- Copyright remains with the photographer.
- Submittal deadline is February 2, 2018.
- You must be a TPE member to participate.