St. Croix Chapter is located in an area that at one time included large dry prairies. Today there are small oak savanna remnants that still contain some uncommon plants associated with those historic prairies. Our chapter works on a few of these, visits others to appreciate what is left, and educates folks on fire-dependent ecosystems.
The St. Croix chapter covers Pierce, Polk and St. Croix Counties in Wisconsin. We invite you to join us!
Learn more on our Sites and projects page.
All meetings are at the River Falls Public Library in the Board Room at 6:30 pm. Everyone is welcome at the monthly meeting of the St. Croix Valley chapter of TPE.
Next Meeting: Tuesday, October 15
Time: 6:30 pm
Location: River Falls Public Library, 140 Union St, River Falls, WI 54022
- Prairie questions and discussion
- Treasurer's report
- Field trips for summer, fall?
- Chapter picnic?
- New business?
- Liatris aspera (rough blazingstar) (https://www.prairienursery.com/store/native-plants/rough-blazingstar-liatris-aspera#.XZjAKUZKiUk)
- Solidago ulmifolia (elm-leaf goldenrod) (https://www.prairiemoon.com/solidago-ulmifolia-elm-leaved-goldenrod-prairie-moon-nursery.html)
- Solidago flexicaulis (zigzag goldenrod) (https://www.minnesotawildflowers.info/flower/zigzag-goldenrod)
- when seeds are ripe
- how to collect different plant seeds
- how to store and clean seeds